Friday, December 08, 2006

Still sick

Yeah, I'm still slightly sick and still too damn tired to write a good post. So, I'll just post a few gems of insight (IMNHO) that I wrote on QuestionSwap. Some of these are edited. Mostly it's places where I removed some personal tidbits from the question/answer.




Q. Do you believe in 'true love'?

A. Do I believe in 'true love' in the sense that somewhere in the world there is my one 'true love' and that when we meet everything will be alright and happily ever after? No, I don't.

I am an atheist. I don't believe in God. I don't believe in Fate. Either one of those has to exist for the concept of 'true love'. How else does one explain it that there MUST be that one person, living at the same moment as you (comparable ages, or at least close enough), who is perfect for you. How do you define a person who is perfect for you? There has to be some power that works to create the perfectly-balanced duo of Adam and Eve, where their combination is heavenly.

I believe we, as people, can find people with whom we 'work'. We find people with whom we can spend a long enough time and be happy. That's the ultimate point toward which I strive, happiness. Happiness, first with myself, then with another. How can you be happy with someone else if you cannot be happy with yourself?

Most people can be happy with most other people, if the cards are played just right. Walk into a crowded room and consider that you could live a lifetime of happiness with any one of these people, if only a few things had happened, or will happen, that will move you toward one another.

Personality-wise, we can be happy with just about anyone, as long as our timing is right. You could have been "best friends forever" with that kid in elementary school if only it wasn't for that unfortunate mis-understanding when you first met. Now, you sit at home and sharpen your pencils, hoping to "accidentally" poke him in the hallway. But enough about myself.



Q. I love you.

A. Thank you. I'm flattered. But I also realize that you don't really mean that. Certainly, you don't mean that you love me personally. Maybe you love the idea of me: a QuestionSwap user who gives you well-thought out answer, someone who's always there to answer your most embarassing questions, someone not afraid to speak their mind. For that, I thank you. I try and be that person. Sometimes, I succeed. It's good to know someone appreciates it.



Q. What makes you happy? Do you feel you could be a happier person?

A. My dog makes me happy. A good book. Some quiet alone time. Being with someone who wants to be with me. Rain. My car, revving up through a turn on a rainy night.

I could be happier if I stopped getting in my own way. The things that make me unhappy are usually caused by something I myself did.



Q. What's the easiest way to sneak a trunk full of cocaine through the Canadian border?

A. First approach is not to hide it in a trunk.
Second, packaging does matter. Wrap your cocaine in plastic. Tightly. Submerge it in a rapid river. Wrap it again. Repeat half a dozen times. This cleans the outside and makes sure there is no trace of cocaine for dogs to pick up.
Third, be original. Avoid going through an actual border post. Or go through the border post, but in an RV packed with three or four generations. Having grandma and the little ones will make you seem less suspicious.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you know how to sneak cocaine through the Canadian border?

Fai.

FuzzyGamer said...

You'd be surprised at what I know. Of course, my coworkers might be surprised at what I don't know.

What's your suggestion for smuggling cocaine through the border?

Anonymous said...

perhaps best not to tell them. they might get Ideas.

I think you'd probably need to ingest it. in some form of non dissolvable capsule.

FuzzyGamer said...

People already do that: when transferring drugs by plane, it's common practice to place them inside a balloon and swallow it. The dangerous part is not getting it out of your system in time, having the balloon dissolve and dying of an OD. Also, it's noticeable under x-ray, but if you're being x-ray'd at the airport you're already in trouble.