Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Work at MS

I just got an e-mail that was sent to our entire team. Seems one of the Dev(eloper)s is going to be out of the office on Friday, helping his daughter moving into her dorm. She's a freshman. Automatically, I thought of responding with some crude e-mail. Then, I considered this. I just finished college, and this guy's daughter is starting. There's a guy on my team whose daughter is four years younger than me. If that doesn't make a guy feel old...

And now I'm thinking about that crude e-mail. It was going to go along the lines of "I hope you don't mind that I'm asking your daughter out." Wonder what the guy would do. I mean, we know what happens when the boss is dating an employee's daughter: hillarity ensues, everyone learns teamwork and humility and Dennis Quaid makes a movie that doesn't suck. Maybe I should still write that letter...

No comments: