Saturday, February 10, 2007

Hi Spot Cafe

With my new Palm gadget, the GPS whatsit, I'm beginning to discover new places around the Seattle/Bellevue/Redmond area. The process is simple: find a place to go, either online or not, type it into my Treo, drive there with the help of GPS and enjoy the ride. It's working great. Last weekend I went to O'Asian Kitchen for a very nice dim sum breakfast, and today I found my way to Hi Spot Cafe in Madrona.

Hi Spot is a little cafe offering the standard American-style breakfast: omelets, pancakes, toast, all the usual stuff. A while back I tried Brown Bag Cafe in Redmond and another place that I forget, and both times was surprised by the sheer amount of food I was served: too damn much! I'm not saying that Hi Spot serves small dishes or rips you off, but the salmon omelet was delicious, the potatoes weren't hash browns and the toast finished the meal off very nicely, all while not stuffing you stupid. The service isn't bad and that was a really good cup of mocha. Overall, I'm happy. Add to that the fact that Hi Spot is about 14 miles above sea-level in a classical quaint-slice-of-Americana neighborhood and it's just perfect. I hung around for about an hour and a half, walking around, admiring the houses and wondering why so many people have dogs around here. I even saw a cute pug puppy. Awww! Oh, and just as a kicker, the GPS took me through the arboretum, so I got an eye-full of moss-laden forest and bikers on the way to breakfast. Who could ask for more? Well, I suppose if Sherlock was here...

No comments: