Saturday, February 03, 2007

O'Asian Kitchen in Seattle

Best dim sum experience I've had to date.

I went these this morning and was generally blown away. The service is great, friendly, un-biased (refer to my previous posts about being white and dining alone). The restaurant is nothing like a cafeteria or a get-em-in-get-em-out type place, it has a very professional environment and will probably look great at night. There is certainly more variety: three of the dishes I've never had, much less seen in other restaurants. Basically, the whole thing is unlike any other dim sum place I've been to.

CitySearch's entry for the restaurant suggests that O'Asian is expensive at night and I'm inclined to believe that, as much lunch was certainly more expensive than other times.

Check out the O'Asian website. There's a very nice photo gallery. While the photographs themselves are sometimes out of focus and otherwise imperfect, you can get a very good sense of the atmosphere.

There are also photos of a few dishes and there you can see something semi-unusual: this is the first time that I've ever seen strawberry dishes in an Asian restaurant. They had a shrimp dish with strawberries during dim sum, but I didn't get it. Next time.

Parking is in the garage of the building (this is not in China-town, the restaurant is in the Bank of America building) and parking is validated after 5:30pm and all weekend-long.

No comments: