Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Obama

Yes, Barack Obama is looking into running for President. Looking. He hasn't decided yet. Stop celebrating this. Besides, he won't win.

Oh, I'm not saying that I don't like the guy. Or that I wouldn't vote for him. If I was registered, and knew more than nothing about politics, I'd definitely support him. Probably. But that's irrelevant. Barack Obama will not be president in 2008 (or 2009, if you want to be picky about inauguration). America, as it currently stands, will not vote an African American man named Barack Hussein Obama into the office of the President of the United States. I'll eat my hat if anything of the sort happens in the next two decades. Of course, I will have to buy a hat first...

Speaking of which, neither Hillary Clinton nor Condoleezza Rice have a chance in hell of being elected in 2008. The "proud" tradition of electing old, white, religious men will not change. Not in the next 20 months.

No comments: