Wednesday, January 03, 2007

SeeqPod

I'm not entirely sure what this is, but SeeqPod seems to be, from a cursory examination, an on-demand streaming music site. I just typed in Moondance and Van Morrison started his curious performance. Next on the list is Buble, obviously.

How is this legal? I was under the impression that giving people whatever music they wanted whenever they wanted it was only OK (read: RIAA wouldn't rip you a new one) as long as you overcharged your listeners. That's why Pandora works, because you specifically don't get what you want when you want it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Using SeeqPod is simple: do a search, pick the song you want, click it to add it to the current playlist. Done. I think you might even be able to save your playlist, or something. And there are options to send and share the playlist. Wow. I'm still waiting for the part where the recording industry pops its ugly head in.

No comments: