Friday, July 07, 2006

Heaven

Here I am, in our back yard, and it feels like heaven. Our backyard opens into a small forest and I continuously hear squirrels running around on the trees, eating.
I am lying on a nice blanket, enjoying a pretty good book. It's Heinlein's "For Us, The Living". Granted, one needs to be a business major to read some parts of it, the book overall is a gem and would have been quite a controversial and important book if it was published in its day. Heinlein wrote it in 1939, but it was only published in 2004. And even for 2004 it is a culturally innovative book. Telling people to throw old morals and beliefs to the wind will still get you lynched in parts of this country.
I was just listening to Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" and it really hit me how much this rules. Nice weather, practically in the woods, a good book and a great song at hand, what more could I want? I'll settle for a Coke.

Edit:
Posting from my phone, by sending an e-mail, is not nearly perfect, since the formatting really sucks. Someone, SnapperMail, Gmail or Blogger, along the way puts breaks at odd places, so I get line breaks in the middle of my sentences and it looks really weird online.

Edit 2:
My dad just called from work and I answered the phone, while still in the backyard. He asks if my mom is there, and I answer [in Russian] "Gee, I don't really know, I'm not home right now." He immediately, and mildly amazed, responds "Where the hell am I calling, then?" Hahaha.

No comments: