Monday, October 09, 2006

Columbus Day?!

Did you know it was Columbus Day? I didn't. I wouldn't have known about it at all, seeing how this Monday is like any other Monday. Except for the fact that I got a Delivery exception on my FedEx package! The damn package is 5 miles from me, and I can't have it because FedEx chose to honor a particular holiday. And they are probably doing it save money, or something. What do you wanna bet that the people who ship stuff the more expensive method (not Express Saver!) will get their packages on time.

So, lets work out, once again, why I hate shopping online: I make a purchase on Thursday, it gets posted online next Thursday, gets shipped Friday, gets here Monday but it's a holiday so I have to wait, gets to my place Tuesday, I'm not home so they leave it in the management office, the office closes at 6 pm, I get home after 6 and get stuck holding a package notice, on Wednesday I stay home until 9 am to get the package, which I then put in my apartment and leave to go to work, come back Wednesday evening and finally take the PSU out of the box. If everything goes according to plan, I plug the PSU into my new PSU tester and the tester lights up red! I get out my gun, shoot the PSU and ship it back for a full refund.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh no, my power supply is coming tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be working smoothly after that...