Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Shipping. Ah!

So, as I've said before, shipping sucks. I purchased a thing online on Thursday. It's Tuesday, and the order is still being sent to the warehouse. The people haven't even gotten off their asses to get me my power supply. Thankfully I chose the slowest shipping method. Imagine how pissed off I'd be if I paid for next day air (most expensive, I think), expected the package on Friday or possibly Saturday, and was told on Tuesday that it's still sitting there in the warehouse, waiting for a lazy bastard to get it from a shelf and stick it in a crappy package.

That's another thing, everyone is trying to maximize their profit, so they cut back on the shipping. Amazon now ships stuff in envelopes, where before they used to have real boxes stuffed with packing material. I got Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay from Buy.com, and the game came in a dinky envelope. The box is all bent up and I hate looking at it. I like nice boxes. That's a reason that I buy games that I like instead of just downloading them illegally.

Anyway, that's just me being pissed about shipping. But it's not like I don't have a reason.

I bought a game online. The guy mailed it on Saturday (unlike Amazon, who didn't do anything for almost a month). It's being shipped USPS. I got an e-mail with a tracking number. Yesterday, the website said that the package was delivered at 11:30am. So, I come home early, expecting to fly some planes, kill some hookers and drive a tank through the streets, but there's no package. Nowhere. Sure, I checked the mail, I checked my door. No slips. No mention of a package. Damn I'm pissed. And, even if I get the package today, the office closes at 6pm, so if the package is in the office, I have to wait till tomorrow morning to pick it up, and wait again until tomorrow evening to do all those fun things. Gah!

Yes, I hate shopping online, but I have no other option. The power supply and GTA: The Trilogy are only available online. No brick-and-mortar stores near me sell them.

So it goes.

No comments: