Wednesday, October 04, 2006

OYG

Wow! - People Link

That's Sam, and he's starring in "Jumper"! Of course, that should have been expected, since he's in everything, but still. I absolutely love "Jumper" and Sam, so this is a pretty neat combination. I think he'll be playing the big-shot NSA honcho Brian Cox. In the book the guy is white, but with Sam, I don't think anyone will notice, as he'll still be a bad-ass. I'm pretty sure he's playing Cox, because there aren't any other important male roles in the book. Aside from Davy's father (sorta weird if he's played by Sam, unless Davy was adopted, and that screws with the story) and Rashid Matar. I'm hoping Sam doesn't play Matar, simply because I wouldn't like it if Sam played a bad guy. Of course, this isn't adaptation, it's more of reimagining, or whatever. Same concept, but they're adding characters (Griffin) and probably changing the whole Arab-terrorists-highjacking-planes theme of the first book. Though, this is supposed to be a trilogy, so who really knows. I certainly hope that they do go for the whole trilogy thing, and not stop after the first movie. "Battlefield Earth" was supposed to be the first of two, but because it bombed so spectacularly, no one in their right mind is even considering making a sequel. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen here and we get a solid trilogy. Not to spoil anything for anyone, but I hope they deviate from the books and keep Cox for the whole trilogy. Not because it might be Sam, but because I like the character, and it would be nice to see more of him.

That's all for now. And, as it often happens when I talk about books, I have to make a few small suggestions:
READ "REPLAY"! READ "JUMPER"! READ "FLASH FORWARD"!

No comments: